Ten Essential Items for a Road Trip
As summer approaches, so does road trip season. Before you load up and pile into the car, make sure you remember to pack these ten essential items for your road trip.
1. Water. Whether you pack bottles or a thermos, you will appreciate the ability to have a drink without making a stop.
2. Snacks. Convenience stores are notoriously expensive and stocked with unhealthy snacks. Take your own for a healthy, cheaper alternative.
3. Map of fun locations on the way. Never heard of this before? Get up to speed here . Make your trip as much about the journey as the destination.
4. Car entertainment. Whether you have movies, books, or just some car games, you need to keep the kids (and kids at heart) entertained to avoid hearing, “Are we there yet?” for hours.
5. Pillow. Just in case you need a nap.
6. Sweater. Avoid fights over who gets to control the temperature inside the car.
7. Camera. You never know what you will see!
8. Cash. You never know when credit card machines will be down.
9. First aid kit. Your car should never be without.
10. Spare tire/car first aid kit. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.